Cultivating a Motivated Mind
- Do it for Love.
- Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivators
- Intrinsic – get U interested in a challenge for the love of it
- Extrinsic – external motivators involve doing something for additional purposes (money, praise, etc.)
- Forgive Yourself
- That “Always On” quality is bound to fluctuate,
and learning to embrace this dance without judgement can help U grow
- Yet, perfectionism isn’t all that bad – your DEDICATION helps U set expansive goals and energize U to go after them
- The trick is to adapt your thinking to roll with the down days – forgive mistakes and avoid sabotaging mental strength
- The best athletes are on a trajectory to be better, rather than always expecting to perform perfectly
It’s about Effort and Growth – constantly judging your experiences gets in the way of performance!
- Be Accountable and Reward Yourself
- Who can help hold U to your goals?
- A sense of accountability creates healthy stress to power up your motivation
- Focusing on small achievements and accomplishments helps support the anticipation and capitalizes on dopamine pathways