Food & Emotions
- Snap Out of Autopilot Mode
- Smell Relaxing Essential Oil
- Take a Cool Shower
- Get a Manicure
- Go for a Walk/Run to clear your mind
- Outsmart Your Cravings
- You’re Stressed Out
- When U are under a lot of pressure, it drives the stress hormone Cortisol up, which in turn can stimulate cravings for foods high in fat or sugar
- Your body wants foods that may trigger the release of the neurotransmitter Dopamine in the brain ton help U feel better – carbs and fats seem to have ‘soothing’ properties
- To Avoid this Eating Spiral
- Replace the craving with something else that makes U feel good!
- Implement a strategy that does NOT involve food, but still prompts your body’s Dopamine response
AN ACTIVITY U FIND JOY IN!