Slowing down at meal times is the sensible option when eating.
- Slow Down
Research at the American Heart Association’s Scientific Sessions looked at 1,083 people for 5 years and asked them to describe their eating speeds as Fast, Medium, or Slow.
- Fast Eaters were 11.6% more likely to have metabolic syndrome then normal eaters.
- People who ‘wolfed’ their food also had more weight gain, a bigger waistline and higher blood glucose levels.
- Choose Fiber-Rich Foods
- Take Longer to Chew
- Put down your fork between Bites
- Drink Water between bites
- Place yourself next to slower eaters if possible
It’s the easiest way to start changing your current eating habits, and help U become a Healthier U!